Prior to starting his solo dermatology practice in 1999, Dr. Richard Assaf received his undergraduate degree at Miami of Ohio. From there:
- Medical School: University of Cincinnati 1990
- United States Navy Flight Surgeon, 1990-1994
- Medical Mycology, University Hospitals, 1995
- Photobiology, Case Western and University Hospitals, 1996
- Dermatology Residency, CWRU/UH, 1996-1999.
- Distinguished Customer Service Award - Physician's Office Staff - 2010 - Fairview/Lakewood/Lutheran Hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Hospitals)
- Vitals On-time doctor Award 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Cleveland Dermatological Society (Past President)
- 2015, 2016, 2017 TOP DOCTOR as voted by his peers - compilation by Castle Connelly nationally
- Vitals Patient's Choice Award 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 (based on making a permanent difference in the lives of his patient)
- Vitals Compassionate Doctor Recognition 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
Dr. Assaf lives in Avon Lake with his wife and his 3 children.